Last December I met Cassy Campbell when we were both skiing Snowmass.
An Aussie-turned-Canadian, a mom-wife-entrepreneur, Cassy had recently launched her base layer business, Stripes Gear.
After a fun chat, we agreed to work together on a review and giveaway. But more importantly, we promised to keep in touch and I made mental plans to meet up with her at her family’s home mountain, Panorama, BC.
We skied off and life went on.
I Will Walk (Forrest’s Goal)
Sometimes life hits you in the gut, sucking the air from your lungs and knocking you to your knees. So it was when Cassy emailed me last spring to tell me that her husband, Forrest, had been in a devastating accident.
She was writing from a hospital in Calgary, where Forrest was recovering from a catastrophic break of the C6-7 vertebrae. He had already had two surgeries to realign his spine and insert rods and plates to support his neck.
Forrest was discharged in late August. The Campbell’s have had to renovate their home, purchase mobility equipment for Forrest and pay for ongoing physiotherapy and occupational therapy.
The ultimate goal is for Forrest to walk again. But all this takes money.
Bid on One of Three Vacations (Hawaii, Aspen, Japan)
As part of their fundraising effort, Cassy and her mom created an online auction at IWillWalk.ca.
Since skiing is integral to this family’s life, there are two ski vacations being offered, and one tropical escape. (Please note, the IWillWalk.ca doesn’t load if you are using Safari. I can access it from all other browsers, so if you’re having trouble, please try an alternate! Thanks.)
- 3 Days at Turtle Bay Resort, North Shore, Oahu, Hawaii
- 14 Days Accommodation at the Aspen, Mountain Chalet, Aspen, Colorado (can be split up into several trips or rooms, at management’s discretion)
- 7 Nights as a VIP in Hakuba, Japan.
Bidding is in Canadian dollars and the bids are really reasonable.
To bid, first create an account. Then bid away, drive up those prices and help Forrest Campbell walk again.
Liftopia/Mountain Collective Giveaway
After you’ve done some good, by bidding on one of the Campbell’s holiday packages, visit Liftopia.com and enter their fall Gear Up+Get Out sweepstakes.
If you’re the lucky, lucky winner, this is what you’ll get:
- TWO Mountain Collective Passes for the 2015-16 season (an $818 value!)
- $500 in gear from Backcountry.com
- $600 credit on Booking.com – planet earth’s #1 accommodation website
- Lots of swag including a Paradise Waits prize package (DVD, poster, tee-shirt, croakies), TGR Hoodie, Hat, Stickers and Almost Ablaze DVD from Teton Gravity Research (a $200 value)
- Half day of riding with a surprise POW Riders Alliance Pro Athlete (valued at $1,000)
The sweepstakes ends November 3, 2015. More details and the official entry can be found here.
© 2015 – 2017, braveskimom. All rights reserved. Any use or publication of content, including photos, requires express permission.