I’ve said it before, and I’m saying it again: One of the best, and most unexpected, benefits of blogging is meeting so many amazing moms who live, and love, to get their families outdoors and involved in adventure.
I am inspired by the women listed below. Although each of us is very different, we support and help one another through an outdoor blogging group. I’ve learned a lot from them. I hope you can too.
Looking for biking, camping, hiking, climbing information? Check out the list below. Looking for specific tips for getting outdoors with babies? Or maybe school-age kids? Or teens? Between us, we’ve got you covered.
Browse through the list and read the descriptions provided by each outdoor mom. Dig a little deeper and click on some links. Bookmark this page. I know you’ll find these women an incredible resource. They may even become your friends.
- A Little Campy: The Campy Mom’s Guide to Family Camping. From pitching tents to pitching fits. We share camping tips, camping recipes, gear reviews and a lot of laughs. Join us there anytime, around the campfire.
- ActiveKidsClub.com: Our mission is simple… We love to have fun outside with our kids, regardless if it is swimming with manatees in Florida, exploring Central Park in New York or just simply being outdoors PLAYING in your own backyard. We try our best to give you the best information about simple outdoor ideas, Fresh Air Living (lifestyle) and Cooking with Nature.
- Adventure Tykes – Little Feet, Big Adventures: Here you will find motivation and inspiration, along with hard-won experience, to help you engage in outdoor activities with your tykes, such as camping, hiking, rock climbing, biking, picnic dinners and outdoor play. Gear reviews on the latest and greatest gear along with giveaways are featured.
- AKontheGO: AKontheGO encourages and promotes family travel in Alaska. We are, at this time anyway, the only blog/website with a decided emphasis on family travel in Alaska. AND, I’m writing a guidebook with the working title of “Alaska On the Go: Exploring the 49th State With Children.” I hope you’ll buy it!
- Backcountry With The Kids: A blog about our family’s attempt to live an active outdoor lifestyle in order to reap the benefits of fresh air, exercise, a close relationship with nature and time with each other. While our trips tend to take us into the backcountry by canoe, we also love hiking, cross-country skiing, climbing, cycling and any other adventures that come our way.
- Bring the Kids: Bring the Kids is a blog that proves that you can still have adventures after you have kids. We love to camp, raft, ski, hike, and climb and love bringing our kids along so they can enjoy these things too!
- Climb Run Lift Mom: Climb Run Lift Mom is a blog about my ongoing journey to be healthier and fitter and sharing that healthy lifestyle with my children as well. It also chronicles my adventures in the great outdoors and how I share the experiences with my children.
- ColoCalders.Com: A pair of Colorado rock climbers, backcountry dwellers, travelers and science geeks who were recently upgraded to parents and are learning to adventure as a team of three!
- Cragmama: For Adventures Big and Small! Erica is an avid climber/outdoorswoman who strives to offer an online resource for families and families-to-be who want to continue an adventurous lifestyle as a family.
- Family Adventures in The Canadian Rockies: Have toddler and have not slowed down! This blog seeks to chronicle the joys and challenges of taking kids hiking, camping, backpacking, skiing and all-out exploring in the Canadian Rockies.
- Go Explore Nature: Go Explore Nature is all about connecting kids & families with nature, in your own backyard and beyond. You’ll find everything from tips on bird watching and backyard camping to ideas for backyard nature play. Happy exploring!
- Great Wild Outdoors: Great Wild Outdoors is a family focused blog about getting outdoors more. Featuring things to do outdoors, things to take when planning your outdoors trips, outdoor gear reviews, outdoor tips, and more.
- Nature For Kids: Nature For Kids provides encouragement and ideas about wholesome outdoor recreation for kids and their parents. We share lots of photos and our first hand experiences in the outdoors with our 4 kids, from water and snow sports to biking, hiking, rock climbing and camping. Look for outdoor gear spotlights and giveaways…and outdoor recipes, too.
- OutsideMom.com: The internet already had “design mom”, “cooking mom”, “coupon mom”, even “tanning mom”. What it needed was “outside mom”. Outsidemom.com is a blog of tips, stories, pictures, activities and random tidbits of information for parents who also love spending time in the outdoors with their families.
- Skedaddle: Skedaddle is about getting the family outside, no matter the weather. Tips on gear, playground reviews and articles about making outdoor play accessible to everyone!
- Tales of a Mountain Mama: This blog aims to inspire families to get outdoors and adventure, even with young children. We share our stories from out on the trails and in the mountains, provide tips and tricks, and welcome feedback from our readers! We believe in good gear, so watch for honest gear reviews and giveaways.
- The Big Picture – Inspiring Families to Find Happiness Outdoors: Stories of adventure and misadventure, gear lists and reviews, photos of destinations and play inspire families to find their own happiness outside.
- The Kid Project: This blog is the product of an ongoing love story and journey. As a family, we want to live an adventure together. We want to play together. We want to live life and grow together. And we are willing to fail most of the time for the times of sweet, sweet success. Our goal is to inspire families to get outdoors together and encouragement on the road of parenting.
- Trailsnet.com: Trailsnet started as a website for family bike trails but is now a blog & website for all trails (biking, skiing, hiking and more) across the United States. Add your favorite trail!
- Velo Mom: Velo Mom is the place I share our family bike adventures, highlight inspirational families and kids on bikes, discuss exceptional products, great rides and the latest news.
- Walk Simply: Walk Simply seeks to inspire others to get outside and walk and view the world up close. Topics include: walking and hiking, with and without the kids, with a focus on southern California.
Obviously, this list is not exhaustive. If you’ve got an outdoor blog you’d like to share, please leave the name and a description in the comments! Let’s build this list.
© 2012, Kristen Lummis. All rights reserved. Any use or publication of content, including photos, requires express permission.Google+