For this season, Liftopia will enhance their online presence through a more informative and interactive website. It’s not up quite yet, but I’ve been asked to be their Colorado blogger, sharing information from my great home state with the rest of the Liftopia world! Not only that, but I’ll also have great Liftopia information to share with the Brave Ski Mom world. So, here we go!
If you know your travel plans for this winter and the holidays, you can purchase discounted lift tickets now. As more and more resorts move to advance sales, the deals are announced early and go fast.
Here are some examples of what is currently available on Liftopia. Deals change throughout the season, so it’s always a good idea to check back if your dates and resort don’t show a deal yet.
· Ski Snowbird from opening day until December 23 for $45.99, a 41% discount. After the 23rd, the price goes up to $78.00 per day, but these dates are going fast!
· The Canyons is offering a 2 of 7 day ticket for $99.99 through December 9. The price then goes up to $113.99 before jumping higher for the Christmas holidays. Even if you buy for Christmas week, you’ll still save 14%.
· Park City Mountain Resort is offering $36.00 tickets through December 9. Their holiday price is $85.00, a savings of 15%.
· At Copper Mountain, early season enthusiasts can hit the slopes for $49.99 a day with a savings of 37%. Right now, the only dates available are in November.
· Tucked away in Colorado’s San Juan Mountains, Purgatory (Durango Mountain Resort) is offering two day tickets for $95.99 with a savings of 36%. This deal runs throughout the season, based on availability.
· At Winter Park, you can get a lift ticket, a full day lesson and lunch for $99 until December 20th, when the price jumps only $20 to $119.00. Sounds like Santa needs some of these in his pack!
· Stratton was running a crazy $6.99 deal, but it sold out immediately. Right now, you can find tickets for December 23 for only $19.61. This deal won’t last long either.
· A short drive from Boston, enjoy Gunstock and its fantastic views of Lake Winnipesaukee for $23.99, a savings of 67%. Tickets go up closer to the holidays, but then prices fall again in January.
· Burke Mountain in Vermont has great deals throughout the season with discounted tickets ranging from $39.99 to $60.99.
· If Santa brings you skis, Alpine Meadows will set you up on Christmas Day for only $25.00, a 65% savings. Other days in early December are $40.00.
· Discover the slopes of Sierra at Tahoe for as little as $45.99 through Christmas Day.
· Southern California skiers can save up to 50% at Mount Baldy with single day passes starting at $27.00. Some dates are higher, at $32.00, but they’ve got them priced this way for the entire season.
· Approximately two hours from Chicago, discover Grand Geneva with prices ranging from $11.99 to $42.99 for a single day ticket through March 2012.
· Save 75% at Crystal Mountain in Michigan, named the #1 Midwest Resort by SKI Magazine, where some single day lift tickets are available for $11.99. Many more dates are available for $35.99 which is still a great deal.
· Discover Aleyska Resort in Alaska starting at $37.99, a savings of 37%. Many days throughout the season are still available, although prices do go up a bit in spring.
· Save at Whiteface Mountain in New York, the highest elevation in the east, with lift tickets starting at $42.99 in December.
· Spend a week at Mt. Bachelor with a five of seven-day pass from $189. This offer is good all season, for as long as it lasts!
· At legendary Sun Valley in Idaho, save 12% during the early season and ski for $52.99.
· And the deals don’t stop at our Northern Border, ski Revelstoke, a mountain I keep hearing about, for $49.99 most days in December, a savings of 32%.
So what are you waiting for? Go grab some deals!
© 2011, braveskimom. All rights reserved. Any use or publication of content, including photos, requires express permission.