Last week, I had the pleasure of reviewing Unbound: A Story of Snow and Self-Discovery by Steph Jagger.
The very first comment that came in, really spoke to me. It was from a reader named Stephen. Here’s what he wrote.
“I look forward to reading this volume sometime when the weather is warm. Reading about Winter sports with the scent of fresh cut grass in the air is a delight to my senses.”
Inspired by his words, I think it’s time to revisit some of the other books I’ve reviewed over the years.
If you’re looking to keep the ski stoke alive this summer, whether through your personal reading, or in myriad great picture books for younger kids, here are some of our recommendations with links to reviews.
If you’ve got favorites that we’re missing, please include them in the comments!
Some of Our Favorite Books About Skiing
Best Fiction Books About Skiing For Adults:
- Shut Up and Ski, Edie Thys Morgan.
- Double Black (A Ski Diva Mystery), Wendy Clinch.
- Fade to White (A Ski Diva Mystery), Wendy Clinch.
- How I Came to Sparkle Again, Kaya McLaren.
- Powder Dreams, A Novel, David Ward-Nanney.
Best Non-Fiction Books About Skiing for Adults:
- Unbound: A Story of Snow and Self-Discovery, Steph Jagger.
- Crazy for the Storm, Norman Ollestad.
- The Next 15 Minutes, Kim Kircher.
- In Search of Powder, Jeremy Evans.
- Skiing the Edge, Jules Older.
- Four Words for Great Skiing, Clendenin Ski Method
- Basic Illustrated Cross Country Skiing, Scott McGee.
- Just One Foot, Judy Johnson Berna.
Best Books About Skiing For Kids:
- Squirrels on Skis, J. Hamilton Ray (This fun and funny I Can Read It All By Myself book will be featured in the BSM 2017 Holiday Gift Guide)
- Safely Ski from A to Z, Mary Stubbs Palmer.
- Sonder the Snow Snake, Annie B. Fox
- Snowmastadon! Snow Day Adventure, Amiee White Beasley.
- Snowmobile! Bombardier’s Dream Machine, Jules Older.
- Fresh Snow, Natasha Wing.
- Here Come the Little Rippers, Rebecca Munsterer.
- The Little Rippers, Volume 2. Go West, Little Rippers, Rebecca Munsterer.
- Sliding in the Snow, Melissa Dymock.
- Kids’ Travel Guide – Ski, FlyingKids.
- The Adventures of Monty the Marmot: Monty Goes Skiing, Richard Liddle.
Best Ski-Themed Cookbooks:
- The Ski House Cookbook, Tina Anderson and Sarah Pinneo.
- The Ski Country Cookbook, Barbara Scott-Goodman.
- Ski Town Soups, Jennie Iverson.
- Ski Town Àpres Ski, Jennie Iverson.
What are your favorite ski-themed books? Please share suggestions in the comments! Thanks.
As always, all opinions are my own and are exactly what I would tell my family and friends. There is an affiliate link in this post for Squirrels on Skis.
© 2017, braveskimom. All rights reserved. Any use or publication of content, including photos, requires express permission.