Who doesn’t love spring?
As much as I hate to see winter slide by, spring is a delicious season with longer days, softer snow, warmer temps and some of the best skiing and riding of the year.
Whether you’re off on a family spring break ski trip, or just enjoying this lovely season at your home mountain, here are some of the best jackets and more for springtime on-the-snow, on-the-go fashion and fun!
Let’s Start with a Giveaway
A down sweater is one of my favorite spring skiing essentials. I’ve got the Obermeyer Kassidy Down Sweater and last season, I wore it alone as a jacket on really warm days, and as a layer on colder days.
Less bulk than a standard puffy jacket, it makes a cute layer for après ski, shopping or hanging out on the beach at Lake Tahoe (for example!).
My favorite details? Unique square baffles that give the jacket a fresh look; shiny, durable fabric; and a cute feminine, tapered shape.
To win an Obermeyer Kassidy Down Sweater in white from WinterWomen.com, just leave a comment below.
One lucky winner will be chosen on Wednesday, February 26th!
Best Jackets for Spring Skiing
Fun trends for spring include bright colors and soft shells and 3-in-1 jackets that let you layer up, or strip down, depending on the variable spring weather!
Skiable Softshells let you layer how you want, or choose to not layer much at all, during spring’s warm days.
3-in-1 Jackets offer season-long versatility, but really shine in spring. Wear the outer shell and inner layer together on colder days, or shed the inner layer – or outer shell – on warmer days to cool dow.
Insulators, like down sweaters, vests and hoodies are perfect for spring. You can layer them on mountain, and uncover them when you hit the town.
Insulators keep you warm but look great with jeans too!
Vests offer extra insulation when you need it. Later, pair them with jeans and zip-up over a mid-layer for the perfect après look.
Sweaters and Hoodies are another layering option on mountain and off. They are especially fun for cozy evenings after a long day of skiing, even in the spring!
Many thanks to WinterWomen.com for providing an Obermeyer Kassidy Down Sweater for this giveaway.
As always, all opinions are my own and are exactly what I would tell my family and friends.
- Ski Fashion 2013-2014: Trends in Women’s Ski and Snowboard Jackets, October 10, 2013.
- What the Cool Kids are Wearing: Youth Ski Styles for 2013-2014, October 7, 2013.
- Ski Fashion: Everything Looks Good With A Smile, March 4, 2013.
- Ski Fashion 2013: The Geode Collection Brings the Snow Bunny Back, February 11, 2013.
- Ski Fashion 2012-2013: Beautiful Baselayers, Midlayers and More, October 31, 2012.
- Ski Fashion 2012-2013: Winter Styles for Cool Kids, October 17, 2012
- Ski Fashion 2012-2013: Stylish Winter Boots for Women and Girls, October 10, 2012.
- Ski Fashion 2012-2013: The Hottest Looks on Snow, October 3, 2012.
- Ski Fashion: Curves or Turns?, May 3, 2012.
- Ski Fashion: Packing Light and Looking Great, January 9, 2012.
- The Fashionista of the Piste-a, December 8, 2010.
This giveaway is now closed. Congratulations to Janine!
© 2014, braveskimom. All rights reserved. Any use or publication of content, including photos, requires express permission.